Lesbian News

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Vegetarian Recipe: Vegetable Salad


One of the things that I learned to love to eat is vegetable salad. Learned is the operative word as I once loathed this dish.

It was during my visit to Germany a decade ago that I learned to appreciate this dish. My good old German friends served this delectable vegetable
salad.

Like all my recipes here, I changed some ingredients. Changes in ingredients are based on availability, better nutritional value, and price.

Vegetable Salad Ingredients (Good for two people):
. 4 leaves Chinese pechay
.1/2 carrot
.1/2 radish
.1/2 cucumber
.1 tomato
.1 red onion
. Kalamansi Juice (from 5 pieces). Kalamansi, a native and widely cultivated in the Philippines, is a small citrus fruit.
.1/4 tsp salt
.1 tbs brown sugar
.1/2 tsp olive oil

Thoroughly wash all the vegetables. Slice all the vegetables into small pieces. In a bowl, mix the kalamansi juice, salt, sugar, olive oil, and all the vegetables. Be sure sure to mix all the wet ingredients before mixing the vegetables in. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment