Lesbian News

Monday, June 8, 2009

Vegetarian Recipe: Chapati

My partner and I have been having this breakfast menu: vegetable salad, hot kalamansi juice, chapati (Indian flatbread), and fried egg for weeks now. I've already posted on this blog vegetable salad and hot kalamansi juice recipes. By now you must know how to fry an egg. Thus, I'll focus on how to make chapati.

Ingredients of Chapati (good for 13 small size Chapatis):
.3 cups of whole wheat flour
.1/3 tsp salt
.1 cup water

In a bowl, mix the salt, flour, and water. Be sure to mix the salt and flour first. Knead (to mix by folding, pressing, and stretching with the hands) for 5-8 minutes the salt-flour-water mixture. Use a bit of extra flour to prevent the mixture from sticking into your hands. Make 13 small balls. Use a rolling pin (cylindrical food preparation utensil) to shape and flatten each ball.

Heat a frying pan. Individually cook the flattened salt-flour-water mixture into the frying pan for 2 minutes on each side. And voila, that's your chapati. We don't actually flatten and cook all 13 balls in one sitting; instead 9 of those are stored into the ref for later use.

Also, great to dip chapati into garlic sauce. Soon, garlic sauce recipe will be posted on this blog.

4 comments:

  1. Do I have to put oil into the frying pan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that recipe. I gring my own wheat to make my own flour so this is something that I will try with joy. I am always looking for new ways to use my flour! Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. To: Sinnerviewer

    wow! you're making your own flour. love to make one myself one day.

    ReplyDelete